Who performs Laser Eye Surgery?

While the initial screening may be carried out by an optometrist (a qualified and registered sight tester) the operation should only be performed by an ophthalmic surgeon.

Do not allow a general surgeon or a GP to attempt the operation. If in doubt check the register of ophthalmic surgeons. In the UK you can contact The Royal College of Ophthalmology on 020 7935 0702.

It is also recommended that you use a clinic where you are able to speak directly to the surgeon concerned and that they have performed in excess of 1,000 operations of this nature.

Comments are closed.